Living, Laughing, and Loving with Kaci Fell

Here is a look at my life and everything that goes on! I am going to use this as an exit of my thoughts! Also to get everyone living, laughing and loving life!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Big Day


Yesterday was filled with things to do, I had an interview with Abercrombie and Fitch to be a manager after graduation, and then I went to the CAVS game with a club I am in at school called PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America).

The interview was at Crocker Park in Westlake, I was in the store a few weeks ago and one of the associates asked me if I held a 4 year college degree and I said "I will in June," so she asked for my name and number to possibly be a manager at the store. I was flattered, so Sarah called me to set up the interview and I met her yesterday! Everything went great! At first, I was just going to use it as a practice for interviewing, but then I heard about the goals and ideas for the store and what benefits a manager gets and felt this would be a great opportunity for me! The experience I can get with Abercrombie could take me to another level if I decided to go to another company later in life, or I can move all over the country with Abercrombie. I am a very self-motivated person and can pretty much make my own destiny with Abercrombie, unlike other company's where there isn't much growth potential. I would start out as a MIT, then Assistant, then Store Manager, then District Manager, and then Regional Manager and up and up! They also have bonuses and contests all the time. Sarah drives a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee(company after my heart), has a free cell phone and doesn't pay for any of her gas! Abercrombie is growing more and more, they are in the process of opening a store in London, and 5 stores in Canada!


Next I rushed up to Cleveland to meet PRSSA and go around the Quicken Loans Arena and see what goes on. Amanda Mercado, Director of Public Relations for the Cavs and Bruce Wimbish, Corporate Communications Coordinator showed us around. We got to see where the press sits, takes photo shoots, phone calls and then we got to go to the radio station, and then to the locker room, but we couldn't go in because the players were there. Oh, how could I forget? Zydrunas Ilgauskas walked right by us and said hi, I really wanted a picture but I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough. After she showed us around we sat down and learned more about her job and what she does. Amanda started off as an intern with the Cavs(she played b-ball in college) and then went to Miami, Florida for 1 year and then came back the same year that Lebron James was drafted and has been there ever since. She is in charge of all the media, community appearances, photo shoots, making sure the players talk to the appropriate person and are at the right place when they are needed. She is the one at the end of the games that will go up to the players(mostly Lebron) and whisper to him who he needs to talk to and where at.


After talking with Amanda and Bruce, we got to walk around the arena anywhere we wanted to go because we had passes that allowed us every where the press goes! I got my picture taken with Lebron~he was a cardboard cut out, but we fooled a lot of people, I got a long-sleeved Cavs shirt, a Cavs hat(stocking cap), and a Anderson Varejao wig! Last night was Brazilian Carnival Night (in honor of Varejao) and we beat the world record for the most wigs at a game...Detroit held the last title. We won with 20,562 people wearing wigs! WooHoo!

The Cavs won the game 105 - 92, you all know what that means? CHA-LU-PA! Yep, everyone at the game get a free Taco Bell Chalupa for the Cavs scoring over 100 points! All in all, yesterday was a great day!

In the Pictures, Top: Cavs Logo outside the Locker Room

Middle: Amanda Mercado and Kaci Fell after the tour

Bottom: Stepanie, Kaci, and Anna watching the game

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home