Living, Laughing, and Loving with Kaci Fell

Here is a look at my life and everything that goes on! I am going to use this as an exit of my thoughts! Also to get everyone living, laughing and loving life!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Kevin Harvick Racing Team


My wonderful father was talking to Monty Bailey(Motorsports Manager for Kevin Harvick Racing) about interviewing people to hold the PR position for Burney Lamar ~ #77 Dollar General Chevrolet Busch Series car(pictured above). Well my dad started talking about me and told him my interest in cars and Nascar. So he said I will give you my number to give to your daughter and to have her call me so we can talk to see if the position is right for her. Well I about DIED when my dad called me and told me what happened! My dad is the most amazing man ever! He said that he isn't promising anything, but told him a little about me and the rest is in my hands. I hope all goes well with this and I could be moving to North Carolina with my pops!

Burney Lamar started racing go-karts at the age of 5 to earn 25 go-kart track championships in addition to three International Karting Federation Regional championships by the age of 14. In 1997, Lamar began competing in stock cars. He finished 11th in track point standings at California's Stockton 99 Speedway his first season. That same year, 16-year-old Lamar became the youngest driver to win both a Trophy Dash and a heat race. Throughout the next couple of seasons, Lamar raced on a number of tracks along the West Coast and won the NASCAR California Shell Oil Tri-Track late model championship.
In 2000, Lamar tried his hand in the USAC Western States Sprint Car Series, capturing seven top-five finishes, eleven top-ten finishes and set fast time twice in his first season. He finished out the year third in point standings and was named Rookie of the Year.
In 2005, Lamar was brought on as a developmental driver. He competed in a limited number of NASCAR Grand National Division West Series, Craftsman Truck Series and Busch Series races for the organization.
Then in 2006, he became a full time Busch Series driver in the No. 77 Dollar General Chevrolet.


In the Picture: Burney Lamar's # 77 Dollar General car.

Info. provided by KHI.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home