Living, Laughing, and Loving with Kaci Fell

Here is a look at my life and everything that goes on! I am going to use this as an exit of my thoughts! Also to get everyone living, laughing and loving life!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All Night Volleyball


On Saturday night my hometown rec center held their annual All Night Volleyball Tournament! The tournament started at 10pm, well was suppose to start at 10, but was about a 1/2 hour late. There were 2 divisions~ Power and Semi Power, and within these divisions there were 9 power teams and 13 semi-power teams. This is the first year that I played Semi Power, it was fun but the competition isn't there like in the Power division. A team can play with as little as 4 people or as many as they want. One team had 10 people, of course only 6 can play at a time but you can rotate everyone in and out. I don't like to be taken out of a game, so I would rather play with 4 people than 10. That's just my competitive side coming out...I want to feel in control on the court and if I am not out there then I can't help with anything. I know some people say you can help cheer your team on from the sidelines~that just doesn't do it for me, I can cheer for my team on the court just as well! Back to the tournament~ we split with every team except one (Darren's team) and I blame that on the ref, he screwed us out of 2 points when it was neck and neck and then it was possible game point. Oh we played to 2 games to 25 points by rally scoring~ you might have needed the information to understand! So we lost that game when we should have won. The very last game we played was my cousin Johnny's team and at that point I was so tired but I had to stay awake so everything that happened was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing...that could have been because I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before and my body just wanted sleep but I forced it to stay awake so it went into a crazy loopy mode. Well we split with his team and that tied us for the tournament, but neither team really wanted to play anymore~everyone was tired and sore, so after the game both teams just left. I would have stayed but it was 7am at this point and half of my team took off. So my sister and I packed our stuff up and headed for home! For the teams that stayed and played~ 1st place received $90 and a t-shirt, 2nd place received $45 and a t-shirt, and 3rd place got t-shirts! It was fun to play and see some people that we haven't seen in a while~ like my good friend Kelly(who just showed up to see one of her friends from out of town that was playing)! Next time I play in an all day or night volleyball tournament~ I will remember to stretch before playing and make sure I really warm up my body up because yesterday and today I felt like I was beaten with a baseball bat all over my body. Maybe thats why my coaches always stressed to me to STRETCH!!! Maybe I should have listened!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home