Living, Laughing, and Loving with Kaci Fell

Here is a look at my life and everything that goes on! I am going to use this as an exit of my thoughts! Also to get everyone living, laughing and loving life!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Chloe girl



On Monday my sister called me and said I think there is something wrong with Chloe because when I let the dogs in she didn't want her treat(very unlike Chloe~ she is a hyper active dog that loves to be the center of attention) and just laid down. So she called my mom at work and told her to make a vet appointment. She made the appointment for 4:30 pm, but when my mom came home for lunch around 1:30, Chloe had thrown up at the back door and then fell in the dining room and wouldn't move. So my mom decided to take her to the vet right away and with Chloe being 100+ pounds, my mom got a sheet and had to get her on it so she could drag her to the back door and try to get her in the back of the Trailblazer. When she got to the vet, Chloe couldn't get out because she was so sick that they had to get a stretcher and put her on that to take her into the hospital. They immediately hooked her up to an IV and started running tests. They first told my mom that she could have a mass on her spleen and surgery was an option if it wasn't too bad, but euthanasia was also a possibility. They then told her that Chloe's body temperature was 5 degrees lower than what it should be so they warmed up the fluids going in her and wrapped her in blankets. Well, Chloe is my moms baby and she was so upset when they said that she might have to be put down. So on Monday I went home to help with Charlie and Chelsea and so I could go see Chloe at the vet clinic. On Tuesday morning I got up to go see her and they said she was doing much better. She had a bad case of Pneumonia and had to keep her overnight again to make sure she is ok. When I went in the room she got up and started licking me. Awww, so sweet. So I sat with her for 30-45 mins and when I started to leave she was whimpering. Talk about breaking your heart. My mom called me last night to say that she got to bring Chloe home and she is still sick but on the road to recovery!

In the Picture: Chloe at the vets clinic with an IV hooked up to her leg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home