Living, Laughing, and Loving with Kaci Fell

Here is a look at my life and everything that goes on! I am going to use this as an exit of my thoughts! Also to get everyone living, laughing and loving life!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Porsche Track Day!


Getting up at 3am to leave at 4:45am was a very early start for me but totally worth it! I went to Beaverun to race a Porche Carrera(997) S with Bill Gerken, a good family friend! It was a long drive there, 2 1/2 hours! But once we got there we went through tech and got all our registration taken care of before heading to class. It was freezing and rainy outside and they held the meeting outdoors when we were standing right outside a huge classroom...I didn't get that. But after the meeting we met up with our instructors, mine was Earl Seiler, he was a great guy and really knew what it was like for me because his daughter used to race when she was my age! So that put me at ease a little bit, but the rain was still a concern for me....I was not trying to wreck a $100,000 car! Bill told me that it would be fine, if you spin out...no bid deal. Yea, no big deal, I will just wreck a car that is worth more than my life!

As I headed off to class to learn a little bit about the track: turns, apexing, turn in, track out and flags...I was ready to hit the track, with my instructor, of course! With the track being a little wet I was more cautious and even more nervous. But as I got in the groove of the track, I was ok! When I came in I was all shooken up...a rush like no other, but yet still nervous. We ran into town to get a bite to eat(all they had was a gas station and a subway)! Once we got back we had another class to finish learning about all 12 turns and how turn 9, although nothing major is always over looked and most accidents occur on that turn. Then it was time to get back out on the track! I went back out with a little more courage to go faster! I think I really impressed my instructor because he kept saying Nice Kaci, Good Job and the best was when he said PERFECT run!

After my last run I was whooped and so tired, but knew I had a 2 1/2 drive home in nasty rainy weather. I was numb, due to the cold and just couldn't get warm. When we got home I was telling my mom and Pam about my biggy day and how I can't wait to do it again, but closer to home(Mid-Ohio) and in warm weather!

In the Picture: Kaci Fell before going out for round 2 on the track! Sorry my eyes are halfway closed!! Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home